11/10/08

We're going green

that is in our guest bedroom!! This past weekend we picked up this antique desk that was my great-grandparents desk. It's green and so we thought a great place for it would be our guest room. So far the room is a pretty blank slate with white bedding and light walls. We thought a pop of color, and some green accents in the room would look fab!! My grandparents are downsizing, so they were generous enough to give it to B and I, all we had to do was move it!!

Here's the room...


Now here is the desk...

I love the look of it and the character it has! I have decided to not touch a thing on the desk!!


We have placed it directly under the window, moved the bed over and put our tree on the left side of the desk... Now I am planning on painting a large mirror with gold trim, white, and then painting the frame above the bed white. We'll see how it turns out.....Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

OOOOH I love that shade of green. I bet it looks great in that room-I'm jealous of your great new piece!

leah @maritalbless said...

Now that is fabulous! I love that you're going to leave it as is, you can't improve it!

Lindsay said...

Love Love Love it!

Mango Gal said...

That is a really cool desk! Great find!

Vintage Gal Marialena said...

that is so kool! That desk would cost some cash at Homegoods and you got it free! I think pretty accents of yellow would make it really stand out!

J said...

I love the desk!!

fioretta said...

That is such a gorgeous desk! LOVE the green!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin