9/18/09

My go to tailgate food!

With college football season in full swing I thought I would share a couple of my favorite recipes for tailgating food! Both are B tasted and approved!

First is what we call Super Pickles, or pickle wraps.
What you will need:
2 large jars of dill whole pickles
4 packages Hormel dried beef
2 8oz. containers whipped cream cheese

To start, lay out all the pickles on paper towels. This helps get the moisture off.

take one piece of dried beef and coat with cream cheese. Remember to get the whipped type, this makes it much easier to spread. Then place another piece of dried beef just so the bottom of the coated piece is covered by the top of the uncoated piece of dried beef. Then coat the second piece of dried beef with cream cheese as well. Place the pickle at one end and wrap away. Repeat for all pickles.

My suggestion is to make these the night before and let them set in a container in the refrigerator. This way they are easier to slice on the day of. I then use a bread knife to slice the pickles on game day!



My second go to option is what I like to call tortilla wraps.  Oh so yummy!  These I would also suggest making the evening prior and letting them set-up in a container in the fridge over night. 

What you will need:
8oz. cream cheese
8oz. sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4oz. chopped black olives
4oz. chopped green chilies
1 medium onion
8 tortillas
1 bottle of any salsa you would like

In a mixing bowl combine all cheese, green chilies, olives and chopped onion.  Mix well and then spread a layer on a tortilla.  make sure to spread to all edges or the tortilla.  Roll-up and put in containter to set. 
It's as simple as that!!  Then slice them the next day and serve with salsa for dipping!

Enjoy and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Kayla said...

I love pickle wraps!! I've never had the tortilla wraps, but I may have to try them. They look and sound delicious!

Natalie said...

Love the tortilla recipe and I'm totally making that for our game night next week! Do you mean to make the filling the night before or completely make the wraps and cut and everything?

THANKS!

Anonymous said...

I love pickle wraps!!!! But we call them frog eyes, LOL.

Meredith said...

The tortilla wraps are a definite tradition around our house!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin