9/21/10

Guest Blogger: Melaina from Transatlantic Blonde

My first blog sitter while we are away is my good e-friend Mel, as I like to call her!  Mel is an American gal living is Glasgow with her uber cute hubby and son.  Her blog Transatlantic Blonde chronicles her life as a mom and wife living abroad.  She has so graciously offered to let us in on her new adventure in Yoga!
________________________________________________________________________________

So it's time I get off my fat ass and start getting back in shape. Blondie Boy is eight (eight?!?!?) months old and while I still have odd twinges, I've had more than enough time to heal from my c-section. I've got in shape and lost weight before so this shouldn't be hard, but I decided to try something new. I decided to try yoga
That looks very relaxing and zen like, right? I'm not a big fan of getting super sweaty or having to stop and catch my breath, so yoga seemed like a good idea for me.



I was a bit worried the class would be full of girls like skinny miss chilling on the beach up there, but luckily it was a small class with a mix of men and women, young and old. The best part was the teacher was a Grandma! Granted a Grandma who could bend herself in half, but still less intimidating.



I couldn't do all the poses, but I tried my best and it really was good. There was only one problem. My stomach.



You see when I did certain poses it lurched and oozed forward/down and it looked like I had a third left or right boob depending on what side I was leaning. Luckily everyone was more focused on themselves than my magical, metamorphosing tummy, but it still put me off. I was fat before and my stomach *never* did that. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or do I need to invest in a tummy bra?



Anyway, yoga was good and I definitely felt it the next day. I'm looking forward to trying again this week and pushing myself more. Hopefully it will help shrink the weirdness that is my middle section!



--

"Every once in a while, a girl has to indulge herself."



-Carrie Bradshaw

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin