2/13/14

No time for siesta, time for a FIESTA!!

Both Drew and Kate are having birthdays in the upcoming months and last year I was a crazy woman and had their parties in the same weekend on different days.  It was crazy and I was exhausted by the end of it.  My thought process last year was that I wanted Kate to have her own first birthday party. So we had two parties and the kids had a blast. I didn't get enough sleep and ate too much cake. 

This year I've decided to combine their  parties and make it one big fiesta!  We'll be hosting the party at our house and having a taco bar, margaritas, pin the tail on the donkey and of course a piƱata.  I recently ordered a few of the decorations and when the arrived the kids went bananas.  You would have thought the party was tomorrow. 

I've found some adorable invites on Etsy and I've ordered some flags from Amazon, but I am stumped on a little favor for the kiddos. If you have a good idea, I am all ears.   

I am so excited for the kids to see some of the ideas Brendan and I have come up with to DIY for their party. Last year we made a big 3 and put Drew's pictures from the previous year on it.  This year we are planning to make a DOS and CUATRO for each of them and hang them someplace.  

Party planning is my absolutely favorite thing to do.  I am however happy to just plan one party instead of two in one weekend this year.  Stay tuned for more details of Drew and Kate's Fiesta!  

1 comment:

LisaJ said...

Maracas or sombreros. Go to Oriental Trading and search fiesta party supplies for some ideas

Blog Widget by LinkWithin