7/1/08

Update on Ruby

Last night B & I went to see our little girl and it was by far the saddest thing I have ever seen! She was in isolation in the basement, hooked up to 2 IV's and had an oxygen tube in her nose. She also has to wear a cone on her head so she doesn't pull out the IV.

When we first go in there she started wagging her tail and got excited to see us. She gave B some kisses and just curled up in my lap. Her crate was so sad, just some blankets and her food and water. The only thing that made feel a little better was that she has her favorite toy, Mr. Pheasant by her side.

We got to visit her for all of 10min and the tech said that she wasn't eating and he oxygen level wasn't where it needs to be to be able to go home. When we left her, her head was slumped down and that little face just looked at us, like mom & dad don't leave me!! I cried when we left, but have to remember that we are getting he the best care she needs right now!

Today was a better day, she ate a little bit, but the food looks gross that they give her so I told them we had brought her own food, and to try and give her some of that! We will be bringing her some chicken and rice tonight(the vet said that's good for sick puppies!).

We talked with the doctor and Ruby is perking up today, she just needs to work on getting her oxygen level up without being on supplemented oxygen. We are going to see her again tonight and I hope my heart isn't ripped out once again when we have to leave.....I never thought I would fall this head over heels in love with a puppy!!

3 comments:

Living the Happily Ever After said...

Abby I hope Ruby is doing even better now. And hope you guys have a great 4th of July!

leah @maritalbless said...

I was so glad to read the update on the nest! Your poor little girl!

Dr. Erin and Mr. Heath said...

Poor little Ruby. I didn't even know your baby was sick. You're a good puppy mommy and hopefully Ruby will get to come home with you very soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin