9/4/08

My DIY project....

B and I have a great set of bedroom furniture that we will be painting or staining someday. The furniture was given to us by my parents and it's very sturdy wood. The only downfall the headboard is a double and we have a king size bed. So I have decided to make an upholstered headboard to go in our master bedroom when we move. I am planning on constucting this ad boy with my mother-in-law the week after we move. I have collected some pictures and need some opinions on what you think would look the best! So here is our bedding for now....I think we migh need a nice khaki and brown colored bedding in the very NEAR future...






For those of you who don't know, B and I are moving in 3 weeks to a new townhome in Iowa. So it's bye bye teeny tiny apartment! Hello townhome!!
HHere is our bedroom furniture. It's not a very nice color, but it works for now.. I think we would like to stain or paint it a dark brown.



Now here the options I have for the headboard...Let me know what you think...I am planning on covering the headboard with a neautral ivory, khaki or something in that family of colors.








Lastly, we are having our guest bedroom furniture refinished in and antiqued white. This is the long dresser but there is also two nightstands, a tall dresser and headboard.


It will be paired with this bedding....



Tell me what you think...Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the first two pictures - the ones with the wood bordered the fabric.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin