8/19/09

Iowa State Fair

Today B and I made our way to the greatest fair in the world, the Iowa State Fair. Everything is either fried, comes on a stick or is a foot long, can't get any better than that! The fair boasts a life size cow made of butter, a boar weighing over 1000 pounds and a steer over 3000 pounds and even a pork queen. Yes, there is even a contest to detemine the largest one cow and pig!




Billy the pig

Beautiful Iowa sunsets

Pork Chops on a stick.....Only in Iowa!

Foot long corn dogs are a must!


If you are ever in this neck of the woods in August, you must visit! It's well worth it, your belly will be full, you'll see enough mullets to last you a life time and you can't beat friendly Iowans!

4 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

I wouldn't be a Minnesotan if I didn't burst your bubble on this one, but we host the greatest state fair! Lol, and unfortunately pork chops on a stick are staples! :)

Kayla said...

I love the Iowa State Fair!!! I've been to it a few times in the past but it's been about 2 or 3 years. I love to people watch at the fair. Are you from Iowa? I'm from Dubuque, so its about a 3 hour drive to the fair, but it is so well wroth it!

Mrs. McB said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. However, I probably wouldn't like the pork chops on a stick.

Anonymous said...

I have always heard the Iowa fair is good. Alas, Im a minnesotan...I heart this fair also!!
~estene

Blog Widget by LinkWithin