9/22/09

First appointment

August 5th, 2009

Today I had my first prenatal appointment. No ultra sound, just blood and urine. I am terrified of needles and B couldn't go with me due to an appointment for work, so I was on my own.
The nurse asked me some basic questions, took my blood, which ended up being just fine and sent me on my way. All in all, pretty standard, I've had this appointment before so I knew what to expect. I left wanting to move my next appointment up, but knew I couldn't!
Our first meeting with my doctor and ultra sound is August 24th at 3pm. I had to schedule it then due to work and no one at work knows I'm pregnant, so saying hey, I have to leave for an ultra sound would probably tip them off!! I will be useless at work that day!
Telling you that I am terrified is an understatement.....
On a lighter note this weekend we have wedding of our very good friends and I am going to have to fake drink....Sprite with a lime, here I come!!!

August 24th, 2009
Today we had our first appointment and it went simply wonderful!  We heard a strong heart beat of 189.  I cried and I think B got tears in his eyes.
  Our doctor teased B saying, get ready for a little girl!  Other than that, no real news to report.  We have our next appointment on September 10th which I will be 11 weeks and 5 days.  This portion of the pregnancy is more scary than ever because the first time around this is the point in which I miscarried.  Time can not go fast enough, but I can't speed it up and I can't slow it down.....  Only time will tell.

6 comments:

Kayla said...

I'm so glad everything went well at your first appt!! By now, you've had another one and I can't wait to hear how that went! :-) So happy for you and B!

Jill said...

Oh, such great news and I got chills when you said that you both had tears in your eyes...

Keep growing strong baby!

Julie S. said...

So glad your first appointment went well! I hated getting my blood taken as well!

Meredith said...

So, so, SO happy! Did you guys do an NT scan at the appt in Sept? If so, I can't wait to see some little u/s pictures!

Because it's morning and I can't do math, exactly how far along are you now?

The Riesbergs said...

So happy for you!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Abby!!! I am so so excited for you both. You look adorable btw. Praying for a strong, healthy, and happy baby! You will be the best mommy!!! xoxo Melanie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin