9/28/10

Hawaii Part I

I'm going to tackle our trip in two parts.  We had an amazing time!!!  Seriously even though it started out a bit rough it couldn't have gotten any better!  After arriving to Maui at 2am and getting to our resort the
Four Seasons at 3am you'd think we would have spend the next 3 days in bed.  Nope, we slept for a mere 2.5 hours and were up and at 'em ready to go!   First I have to say that I was so impressed with our resort.  Brendan had never been to Hawaii, and Modern Family is one of our favorite shows to watch and it was filmed at the resorted we stayed at.  Well, Brendan was so cute and asked " Do they really give you a lei when you get there"?  Heck yes they do, but we arrived at 3am, so I was afraid he would miss out.  Well they had all their staff up and he got his lei! 
  The next morning we woke up at the butt crack of dawn and headed down to dip our toes in the pacific. 

Yep, that's after 24 hours of traveling an no showers....We look hot!!
We then went to shower, I promise!  We were just excited!
We were also fortunate enough to celebrate my sisters 33rd birthday while we were there!


We then went for a walk around the other resorts



Then came back and just relaxed....


When we got a little too crispy, we went a  cabana.


And sipped some Mai tai's pool side....

We did go out and celebrate our upcoming anniversary, which is this Thursday.  We had the BEST risotto I have ever had.  I wanted to lick the bowl!

We took a snorkeling trip to Molekini
 We saw some pretty stellar views and some HUGE sea turtles!


The boys went deep sea fishing, while the girls relaxed poolside.

They left at the butt crack of dawn...

 But they caught a 30 lb. Mahi Mahi.

So that pretty much covers the first couple of days of our trip.  We pretty much relaxed by the beach and pool...We are very exciting, let me tell you!  Oh and we caught up on our sleep from the past 5 months!  I will recap the rest of our trip in my next post!



1 comment:

Karen At Home Blog said...

Hi Abby, I am glad to hear you had a great trip! Maui is beautiful, we went there for our honeymoon and I hope we get to go back one day. I can't believe you didn't have a nervous breakdown on your flight out there! OMG! How awful for you. Glad to hear you are back safe and sound!

Karen

Blog Widget by LinkWithin