12/2/11

The Working Girl

Since I'm pregnant I'm obviously not indulging in wine or beer these days. I'm not a big drinker by any means, maybe a glass of wine here and there. When I was pregnant with Drew I did not miss alcohol one bit, this time I'm drooling at the thought of wine, crazy pregnancy hormones!

About 2 months ago my brother suggested a drink to me that is supposed to taste like a mimosa. First, I LOVE mimosas and second I get a little bored of drinking water all.day.long. I drink about 64oz. of water daily and it gets a wee bit boring, so I like to change it up a bit with juice, lemonade and sprite. I do also throw in the occasional Coke or peppermint mocha, those last two, tasty! My brother suggested a drink his fiance drinks that she calls the working girl. She's an attorney and whenever she goes to functions on week nights she prefers to go without alcohol, so she invented the working girl, since alas she's working the next day.

How do you make a working you ask? It's a very simple recipe, it's half Fresca, and half orange juice and it's divine! I've come to the conclusion that the perfect ratios are half and half.

I'm telling you it truly tastes like a mimosa and these days I'm loving the Working Girl!  Cheers to the Working Girl!

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin