6/13/12

Kate 1 month




I can not believe I'm writing this update already. Kate is actually 7 weeks old already.... I need a moment........ Ok, I've composed myself.





Kate passed the 1 month mark and is thriving like a champ. She is showing great head control and working on holding her head up all on her own. Kate is starting to get into some sort of a routine, during the day she eats about every 3 hours and eats 3 ounces at each feeding. At night she's been stretching it to 4 hours between feeding and again eating 3 ounces at each feeding. 4 hour stretches are huge at night. I feel pretty darn good getting 4 hours of sleep at a time. After eating during the day Kate then takes about an hour to two hour nap then wakes for an hour eats rinse and repeat. At night she eats and goes right back to sleep.





We have been very blessed thus far that Kate is a pretty mellow and low key baby. Drew was completely opposite and would be up for hours overnight during feedings and was just a different baby. I understand each child is different, so far Kate has just been easier. It could have to do with reflux. Drew had awful reflux that I curse to this day and Kate has had none.





Kate is still sleeping in our room in her Rock N Play Sleeper. No real reason why we haven't moved her. I have a feeling we'll move her soon. She's also a fan of sleeping in her swing, in fact most of her naps take place in her swing. No matter where she sleeps she is always swaddled in a miracle blanket AKA a straight jacket for babies.



Drew is still loving his sister. He loves to help give her a bath, change her diaper and feed her. Sometimes he just wants to lay next to her and hold her hand. Can you say melt my heart.



At one month Kate is now up to 8 pounds and is 20 inches long. My baby is growing up. Cue the tears and we're only a month in.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin