6/4/14

Copy Cat Chipotle Burrito Bowls

Thank the good lord for Pinterest. That little website makes me look like a capable cook. I came across this receipe for Copy-cat Chipotle Burrito Bowls and I knew I had to try it out.  First, it looked easy enough and I could make the marinade during nap time and second Brendan loves Chipolte so it seemed like a win/win.

I made the chicken marinade during nap time and let it sit for 4-5 hours before grilling. While Brendan grilled the chicken I chopped up the tomatoes, romaine lettuce and red pepper.  I then drained the black beans and canned corn.  I altered the recipe a bit when it came to the rice.  I used minute rice and made it as the box said and then continued with the recipe to make it lime flavored. 

Once the chicken was done I tossed everything together laying the rice on the bottom and I did omit the cilantro because I don't care for it.  I threw the diced chicken on top and dressed the whole thing with sour cream. 

I wasn't expecting it to taste like the real Chipotle burrito bowl but surprisingly it does! Brendan said "I could eat this everyday". We've eaten this meal twice now and it's soooo good.  I highly recommend making these easy burrito bowls. 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin