1/11/10

Dear previous homeowner

After closing on your former property Friday, I thought we would go in demo the things we wanted, put down new floor and paint.  When I entered the house, I found one the worst kept houses in my life!  Seriously, I don't think you cleaned in the 9 years you lived there!  You did a lot of shady things when you left, leaving a rug in the master bedroom over the flooring to hide such a thick layer of dirt, we now have to strip the floor to make them clean.  You haven't cleaned the microwave EVER and when I cleaned the oven it set off the smoke alarm because it was so nasty! Your walls have tape all over them, crappy patch jobs that you didn't even bother to sand and mold in the windows.  Seriously, I am so thankful we aren't moving in yet, because I would have cried.  For future reference, I would not suggest leaving a house in this condition EVER! 

 Sincerely,
  Abby, the new homeowner


That felt good!  This past weekend my wonderful family, B and I have worked so hard getting our new house in order.  So far we've torn out carpet and lineoleum, the wall in the kitchen, cleaned the vents, patched and painted both bathrooms, half-pints room, the guest bedroom, and painted all ceilings & closets.  We've ordered our wod floor which should be here Friday, and we have to do coat number 2 on all rooms and we've deep cleaned absolutely EVERYTHING!  You would have been grossed out!  Seriously I would have cried if I would have had to move in, in the condition when we took possession. 

I will be posting demo pics this week!  Stay tuned!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats on the new house! Sorry the previous owners were so gross! UGH!
I cannot wait to see some pictures!

Abbie said...

Oh my goodness I totally understand! Our house was atrocious when we closed! It looked like they hadn't cleaned in years, and the funny thing was that at closing the previous owner said she was up late cleaning the house for us. If she was, I'd hate to see what it looked like BEFORE she started cleaning!

Julie S. said...

I can completely relate! Ours was such a mess from the previous owner, I was trying to tackle it alone while B was working, and it was a mess. To make matters worse, his mom and aunts said they would come and clean for me, and when I came back, I couldn't even tell they had been here! So frustrating. Can't wait to see the demo pics!

mrs.pinkpearls said...

Congrats on your new place! That sucks that they left it that way. I hope its an easy clean up!

Angie said...

Congrats on the new house, you will have fun fixing it up and making it yours. I also left you a present on my blog...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin