6/13/11

My cardio report

A few weeks ago I had a repeat echocardiogram. This was for a leakage that developed during my delivery of Drew. After delivery my leakage was categorized as severe and 3 months later it was categorized as mild.

After finding a new OB abd cardiologist a few months ago, I had a repeat echocardiogram. I will continue to have one each year. I recieved the results of the echo and everything looks great, or as good as it can. I will always have a mild leakage because having so much fluid during delivery, along with a few other factors caused permanent damage. However, having a mild leakage of my aortic valve, I can live a healthy normal life and have a very healthy normal pregnancies from here on out.

So the plan from here on out is to have an echo each year and be monitored throughout pregnancy when that time comes. Can't complain about that, right?

It was very refreshing to recieve these results. Knowing I'm my heart is as healthy as it can be was a huge stress relief for me and Brendan. Eventually we do want another child and maybe two. However, we wouldn't ever consider concieving without my health being back to where it needs to be to carry a healthy baby and me be healthy. I've only got one heart, I'd like to make sure it's where it needs to be, because pregnancy can be stressful on your ole ticker.

Neither my cardiologist or my OB both said they would ever recommend me for a VBAC or vaginal birth after c-section, too much stress on my heart was caused due to me being in labor for 40 hours. When we were discussing it, both looked at me like I had a third eyeball. Which, a second c-section is just fine by me, when that time comes. Thankfully modern medicine will allow me to not put my heart in jeopardy. Hopefully we won't have to worry about my heart next time but just in case, I will be having a repeat section. I had a great experience last time with recovery, I hope the next time recovery is as smooth as it was the first time.

So there you have it, my heart is where it should be. So now when we want to try to concieve we shall. It's going to be a while, don't get your hopes up!

Happy Monday, make it a great week!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin