7/7/11

My heart aches

These past two weeks have been very hard on me emotionally. Last week I had one of my best friend's dad's pass away unexpectedly, he was 58 years old and my friend is getting married in 3 weeks. It was an emotional roller coaster for me, I can't imagine what she went through and still is going through. This is supposed to be one of the happiest times in her life and now she's questioning who should walk her down the aisle.

After we were finished with her dad's funeral this past weekend we received news that our friend and neighbor that was 31 years old was killed in a motorcycle accident when coming home from a nearby lake. We shortened our 4th of July trip to come home and be with his wife. We couldn't stay away and knew that if it were me in the same situation our friend would have done the exact same thing. We've lived next to our neighbors for now a year and a half and have gotten to be very good friends with them, have spent a lot of time together and now it's so surreal that he's gone. I know we are still in shock. I seriously can not fathom what his wife is going through, they have a 3 year old daughter that simply adores Drew and is the sweetest little girl you will ever meet. All I keep thinking is; sometimes life just isn't fair. Why this family?
Saturday night I received a call from a mutual friend of ours and it just so happens that her boyfriend happens to also be a police officer here in town. I thought our house was burning down or someone had broken in, and her boyfriend had responded to the call. I didn't think we would have received this devastating news. I wish our house would have been on fire or broken into. I wish our friend was still here. My heart breaks to see my husband so torn up, he and our neighbor we very good friends and he said to me Sunday night " I haven't made a lot of friends here, he was one of my closest friends".
Death is such a hard thing to deal with and we aren't even the families dealing with it. To know what to say, to do, it's all just so hard. It's been so emotionally draining on both of us.

We could really use an upswing next week, no funeral next week.

I ask that you pray for both of these families, that they are given strength to get through these very difficult times, that God heals their wounds and gives them peace.


3 comments:

Hay Hay said...

OMG Abby, I'm so so sorry :( How devestating. I know there are no words I can say to make things better, but I just wanted to give you huge (((hugs)))

CampDallas said...

There really are no words, are there? Just know that I am praying for all of you...

Julie S. said...

Keeping you and your friends/families in my prayers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin