11/15/11

Chicken and dumplings

It's not secret I LOVE Pinterest, I'm a huge visual person and to get all these ideas and concepts in one place, oh man I'm in heaven! I wanted to share a recipe that I found there.  First, let's talk about how I like things simple when cooking. As in 5 ingredients or less on a week night, yes please! I found this recipe and we've now had it twice in our house and both times we've wished I would have made more. It's crock pot chicken and dumplings, it's so easy for a great week night meal. In our house we love anything with chicken in it, add cream of chicken soup and some dumplings, we are happy campers! The recipe for this awesomeness can be found on Bubble Crumb and it gives a step by step tutorial on how to make this.  To be honest, anyone can make this, and I mean ANYONE!  If I can make it and it tastes good, a monkey can make it and it taste good! 

Here's what you'll need:
To make this Chicken & Dumplings Recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 2 very large ones)
2 tablespoons butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 onion diced
1 tablespoon dried parsley
4 grands flaky refrigerator biscuits

Here's how to whip up these chicken and dumplings:
In your crock pot put chicken breasts, butter, soup, onion, chicken broth and parsley.  Let cook on high for 4-6 hours.  After 4-6 hours, break chicken into pieces, I used my tongs and just did this while the chicken was still in the crock pot.  Now cut biscuits into small pieces, for this I used my kitchen shears and just cut about 1/4 inch pieces.  Stir biscuits into chicken and let cook for an additional 30 minutes.  Serve it up!

Some serious deliciousness right there!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made this a few weeks ago, HUGE hit!!!
and so easy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin