12/16/11

Festive food

With Christmas being just a little over a week away, I wanted to share some yummy recipes for festive food, or just darn good eats with all of you.

On Christmas morning we will again this year be at our house, and have Drew open his gifts most likely before 7am, he's an early bird! Last year we then fixed a big breakfast and I absolutely loved it, so we will do it again this year. I found this Cinnamon French Toast Bake recipe on where else, but Pinterest and I'm going to give it a shot.


What you'll need:
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
5 eggs
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup maple syrup

Garnish:
Icing from cinnamon rolls
Powdered sugar

Maple syrup, if desired

Directions:
Melt butter and pour on ungreased 13×9 inch glass dish. Separate cans of dough into 16 rolls reserving the icing for later use. Cut each roll into 8 pieces and add to buttered baking dish.
Beat eggs in medium bowl. Add cream, cinnamon and vanilla and beat until well blended. Pour over cut pieces of cinnamon roll pieces.
Sprinkle with pecans and drizzle 3/4 cup syrup over the top. Bake at 375 for 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
Remove the covers from icing and microwave on medium or 50% power for 10 to 15 seconds. (Should be thin enough to drizzle.) Drizzle icing over the top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with syrup if desired. Yum!

I'm going to opt out of the nuts so that Drew will be able to eat this. Most likely he won't, he's a bit picky and prefers Raisin Bran cereal every morning, but maybe.

Go Check out Oh My Sugar for more delicious recipes as well!



I found this next recipe of awesomeness a while back and I am so excited to try it!  This was originally found on Better Homes and Gardens, but I found it again on Pinterest.

This recipe on Better Homes and Gardens calls for eggnog, in which I am highly not a fan of, however on Pinterest the recipe calls for peppermint ice cream, ginger ale and Bailey's Irish Cream.  Brendan will be enjoying the Bailey's, I however think mine will be just as tasty with just the ice cream and ginger ale. Doesn't it look nummy?

The next two recipes are actually my recipes that I've shared here before, but they are our favs so I'll share again!
First, Hug Pretzels, oh they are easy peasy and super delicious!

The last one is very near and dear to my heart, it's my grandmother's sugar cookie recipe that I am so thankful I learned to make while she was still living.  Since her passing in 2009 I have started making these cookies for the family to carry on the tradition.  They are amazing and I'm making more this weekend.  This picture is from Christmas of 2008 when both my grandma and grandpa came to our old town house to teach us how to make a cereal mix that we've had since I can remember, and these sugar cookies.  I'm so thankful we had them over, not even a year later my grandma passed away.


Happy eating everyone!




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin