5/13/14

Springtime favorites

Spring in Iowa is a bit laughable.  Some days we're outside in shorts and t-shirts and the next day we're digging the fleece coats and hats back out of our closets.  Thankfully all of our snow has melted and the green grass has started to grow.  I came up with a few of our spring favorites for you to enjoy.  I say "we" because I've included a few fashion items as well as some things for the kiddos,

I found this skirt last week at Banana Republic and instantly fell in love.  I'm such a sucker for anything black and white and I've been wanting a black and white striped skirt.  I has my nieces first communion to attend this past weekend and the length is work appropriate as well.  I'm thinking this could be paired with tights and boots in the fall for a transitional piece. 

Kate received this Step 2 water table for her birthday and this past week it was warm enough to set it up. We've had a water table for the past 3 years but needed a new one due to wear and tear. The kids had an absolute blast and I know they will spend countless hours in the backyard this spring and summer splashing around the table.

For Drew's birthday we got him a Junior Razor Scooter.  He had been asking for one since Christmas and we wanted to find one that he wouldn't have trouble rising.  I came across this one that had two wheels in the back and a wider foot board.  Since day one Drew has had no problems and loves riding up and down the sidewalk. 

Since it's spring and our weather is so unpredictable I like to have pieces that I can layer.  Not to mention I love my capri leggings.  What I don't love is when my rear hangs out.  After having two kids my backside isn't what it used to be, so I like having long shirts to cover my rump.  I found this sweatshirt online at Gap and it's been the perfect addition to my spring wardrobe for weekend wear.  


Lastly, I recently purchased these lunch boxes for both Kate and Drew.  This spring and summer I plan to take the kids on plenty of picnic lunches and I thought these would be perfect to fit their lunch as well as their drinks.  The inside is lined and each has a pocket or two for food and drinks.




I hope your're enjoying your spring where ever you may be!  Have a great rest of the week!  


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin